Black lacquer wood soup bowl with lid, typically used in Japan for hot miso soup. The entire bowl is painted in black lacquer, but the inside of the bowl is layered with a tint of natural yellow lacquer. It is a typical technique where the artisan would layer in different color lacquer, and sanded it down to reveal it as a subtle gradational tint.
The lid and the bottom has a red lacquer Japanese character 『キ』"KI". This could be a name of a restaurant or a pension, or name relating to a family.
Though we do not know the original meaning of the character. The Japanese word KI could mean "energy", "wood", "vessel" "mind, spirit".
Be creative on how to re-use this bowl. Function well as a soup bowl, or use it for your accessories, spices, jeweleries... Limitless possibilities.
PRICE: $8 for 1.
Take both for $16.00 (inquire about inventory on KI bowls, we may have more on this particular bowls)
WHY CONSIDER VINTAGE?
- Vintage objects are usually one-of-a-kind.
- If you like patina, soulful objects.
- Makes unique present for those who appreciate old hand-made craft.
- Hope we all learn to treasure well-made handcraft objects. Reuse, repurpose, recycle. Give it a new life.
- read our story on "Tsukumo-kami" and "100-ghosts Parade"
VINTAGE "Ki" Black lacquer bowl
Vintage item selling "As is". No exchange or return. If you would like to see more photos, send us an email, we will try to send you a few more images.