Vintage orange-red painted wood box with maki-e lacquer paintings. One features orchid flower, the other are large leaves. Maki-e is a traditional lacquer art where layers of gold powder and color lacquers are painted on lacquer surface.
These wood boxes is a typical stationary boxes, we guessed they are used for calligraphy brushes and fountain pens by the previous owner as we found old fountain pen nibs in one of them.
Be creative on how to re-use these boxes. For accessories, paint brushes, cosmetic brushes, pencil case... Limitless possibilities.
PRICE: $24 for both boxes. (email to inquire if you want only one of them)
WHY CONSIDER VINTAGE?
- Vintage objects are usually one-of-a-kind.
- If you like patina, soulful objects.
- Makes unique present for those who appreciate old hand-made craft.
- Hope we all learn to treasure well-made handcraft objects. Reuse, repurpose, recycle. Give it a new life.
- read our story on "Tsukumo-kami" and "100-ghosts Parade"
VINTAGE Red Lacquer Pen/Brush Box (Set of 2)
Vintage item selling "As is". No exchange or return. If you would like to see more photos, send us an email, we will try to send you a few more images.