Vintage orange-red painted wood box with maki-e lacquer painting of a river rider. This wood box is a typical stationary designed for watercolor painter or calligrapher use.
The inside has compartments for ink and water (to dip the brush), and the larger compartment used to hold an old calligraphy-use stone ink well (not included).
Be creative on how to re-use this box. As a pen/brush tray, for cosmetic supply or stationary, accessories, or build your own travel painting kit (fit another paint palette in it). Limitless possibilities.
WHY CONSIDER VINTAGE?
- Vintage objects are usually one-of-a-kind.
- If you like patina, soulful objects.
- Makes unique present for those who appreciate old hand-made craft.
- Hope we all learn to treasure well-made handcraft objects. Reuse, repurpose, recycle. Give it a new life.
- read our story on "Tsukumo-kami" and "100-ghosts Parade"
VINTAGE Maki-e Inkwell Box
Vintage item selling "As is". No exchange or return. If you would like to see more photos, send us an email, we will try to send you a few more images.